Note that the courses require knowledge in Cryptography, see our programme. This is for example provided by the course Cryptography in the past winter.
- Monday, 1230-1400, b-it bitmax.
- Thursday, 1230-1400, b-it bitmax.
- Tutorial: Monday, 1415-1545, b-it bitmax.
First meeting: Monday, 24 April 2017, 1230.
This course is about various aspects of security in the internet. In the first part we deal with secure connections, whereas the second part considers electronic voting schemes involving further tasks.
- Who can read my email?
- How do I know that eBay is eBay, or amazon is amazon?
- What is the public key of Angela Merkel? Where do I get it and how do I verify that it's really hers?
In the internet a large variety of protocols ("chatting programs") are in use to make this or that `secure'. VPN, IPsec, SSL, PKI, PGP are just a few tokens that need explanations. We will try to...
- Thursday, 1000-1200, b-it 2.1 or 1.25.
First meeting: Thursday, 20 April 2017.
The time may be adjusted.
Research front at ePrint, selected papers.
Each participiant suggests three papers from ePrint, one of which is chosen. You then present your chosen paper in a session together with necessary background and deliver a report.